1.0 Scope of work
4.0 11 KV Switchgear
4.1 Tools / Equipments
4.2 Test Equipments
4.3 Installation Procedure
4.4 Inspection & Testing Procedure
1.0 Scope of Work
This method statement covers the supply, installation, pre-commissioning test, testing carried out at the source, procedures and instructions for materials inspection upon arrival at site, the requirement and instructions for executing the activities listed under this section up to pre-commissioning, commissioning and final hand over of the works
This is the responsibility of the Site Electrical Engineer and safety officer to ensure that this Method statement and Safety procedures are followed during the execution of the work.
1) All work forces to be involved in execution of the cable laying shall undergo safety induction training before starting the site activities. Prior to the commencement of any activities, the workforce will receive an induction talk on the project site safety requirements.
2) The necessary permits that may be required to work near existing services will be obtained. Any special conditions imposed upon these permits will be implemented.
3) The use or restriction of specific Electrical & mechanical equipment, whilst locating or excavating near the existing cables and other services will be implemented. The contractor shall utilize the manpower Company shall be responsible for all activities and interfaces related to this project
4.0 11KV SWITCHGEAR
Tools / Equipments
· Hand Tools for Electricians
· Lifting Crane
· Tire Fort
· Fork Lift
· Special Tools supplied along with the 11KV S/G
4.2 Test Equipments
· Digital Multimeter
· Ductor Tester
· Clamp on Ammeter (Digital)
· High Pot Tester Set (with all accessories)
· Insulation resistance tester
· Secondary injection set
· Phase rotation meter
All the testing instruments will have calibration certificate valid for minimum 6 months. Calibration certificate can be verified during testing.
4.3 Installation Procedure
· The 11 KV Switchgear shall be installed in place after all civil work in HV Switchgear room is completed, Room is clean, doors are fixed, supports for panels are installed or in case of Cable Trenches, the Cable Trenching work shall be completed.
· Switchgears must be stored in a closed well-ventilated space and away from heavy equipment handling or moving to avoid any mechanical damage. Packing shall remain in place till final positioning of the panels.
· Switchgears shall be unloaded directly into position if possible otherwise in a closed place where it could be unpacked, lifted and/or slide on roller into final position
· Before installation, the Switchgear shall be inspected for mechanical damage special care shall be taken for front mounted instrument, control and protection devices.
· After inspection the panel shall be repacked till installation in the final position
· If damage is observed during the inspection Non-Conforming Material Report shall be prepared
· Before fixing the switchgear in place, location and fixing points shall be checked for free access, Base Plate shall be checked and general check shall be carried out to avoid any obstacle not taken into consideration at the Engineering stage
· Switchgear panels shall be installed as per approval layout and in line with the vendor recommendation
· Alignment and leveling shall be carried out prior to fixing / bolting the panel in place
· Earthing of the switchgear panels shall be done as per approved earthing layout drawing
· The installation of 11 KV switchgear will be fully co-ordinate with all other activities and it will be fully complying with manufacturer recommendation and procedures.
· Installation of all HV,
· Glanding of all cables
· Termination for HV cables shall be carried out as per manufacturer recommendation and shall be carried out by certified cable jointer
· Testing of all HV cables shall be carried out as per inspection and testing procedure, pre commissioning and commissioning procedure and in line with ADDC Standard.
· Termination of power cables shall be carried out as per manufacturer inspection
· Tightening of all bolt type termination in accordance with manufacturer recommendation by using the Torque wrench।
· All the 11 KV equipment will be placed on heavy duty supports and fixing arrangements.
5.2 Inspection and Testing Procedure
· Equipment shall be physically checked for correct installation.
· The Equipment will be inspected and checked against the relevant General Arrangement Drawing.
· Doors and panels will be checked to ensure proper opening and closure. Withdraw able units shall be checked to ensure freedom of movement
· Fuse ratings, protection devices CT’s, VT’s, indicators and meters shall be checked against the Data sheets and relevant drawings.
· The presence of all identifying and warning labels will be checked.
· Earting shall be checked to ensure it is as per detail drawings
· The panels shall be checked to ensure that the earthing connection is made as per drawings.
· The panels shall be inspected and tested as per E & I inspection and testing procedure
· The equipment will be energized and witnessed according to contract procedures.
· Necessary inspection requests will be submitted for each and every item of works.
A detailed Inspection testing procedure for inspection, commissioning and testing will be submitted by the manufacturer along with material submittal
· Testing procedure will be covered all tests detailed in ADDC specs.
· Testing shall carried out by ADDC approved testing Engineer
· We confirm that all the comments made in the approved material submittal shall be incorporated in method statement.